Sunday, December 23, 2007

Last Roses of Summer or First Roses of Winter



I didn't know what to name this photo, last roses of summer or first roses of winter. Since yesterday was the winter solstice, I guess I will go with the First Roses of Winter, what do you think?


Iowa is under a winter storm warning, wind warning, you name it and we either have one going on now or had one :), all these warnings followed several fog warnings over the past several days, the weather has not been good, that is for sure. It has just started snowing again and it is cold and windy.






3 comments:

Gin said...

Hi there,
I live in the Illinois Quad Cities (across the Mississippi River from Davenport, Ia.) and we are having the same sort of weather you are!! It's been foggy, icy, rainy, snowy...you name it... in the past couple weeks! Yesterday was the first day of winter and we've already had a whole winter-ful of cold, nasty weather. Oh well, spring will be here before we know it :) (Won't it??) LOL

I love your rose pictures...I took some similar to yours the other day. My rose garden is totally sleeping and resting up for it's first spring flush, about 5 months away.

Hope you're warm and cozy, have a lovely holiday season!

Cheers,
Ginni, freezing in Illinois :)

O.I.M said...

first roses of winter...now that's the kind of optimism every gardener can appreciate. love the festive collars on your friends. there's no chance i would ever get one of those on my cat. happy holidays.
cheers
irena

Sally said...

I, too, am sick of winter and I LOVE December 21! From now on, every day will get longer and longer and before you know it - it will be spring! Yea!

Merry Christmas Jenny.