Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Blue Skies of Reiman Gardens






More photos of Reiman Gardens last August.
I left work early to drive up to see my Dad who is back in the hospital again, I fear the end is near, he is in kidney failure, he seems so agitated and in pain, I asked the nurse if they couldn't do more to help that and she is going to talk to the doctor, my Mother is going to talk to him as well tomorrow AM. I have never been through anything like this in my life so I have no experience to draw on but it sure seems he could be made more comfortable, they are not allowing him to have much to drink either because of the kidney failure, I don't understand that either.


7 comments:

Gardengirl1952 said...

Have the Dr's mentioned dialysis for your dad? They limit the fluids because the kidney isn't able to remove the fluids. It is painful because of the fluid backup and the build up of the bad things the kidneys filter from the system. Hard candies are best to keep the mouth from being so dry. My hubby a is ESKD (end stage kidney disease)patient so I know a lot about this subject. He is a lot better now since starting dialysis in Florida after a heart attack while on vacation in Sept. 2007.
Please feel free to email me anytime and ask me questions. gardengirl1952@yahoo.com
Oh ya I'm origanally from the Mason City, Iowa area and still have family and friends there.

Gin said...

I'm sorry to read about your Dad. I will send out good thoughts.

Your photos are lovely, as usual.

Ginni

Sarah said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad. My Dad has kidney failure, and I know how difficult it can be to deal with. You and your family are in my prayers.
~Sarah

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. As gardengirl1952 asks, so do I: have they mentioned dialysis? An uncle of mine lived 11 years on dialysis. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this uncertain time.

Sally said...

Oh, Jenny! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

KC MO Garden Guy said...

Sorry to read about your Dad. I will send happy comforting thoughts your way. I lost my father 12 years ago next month to a long battle with cancer. I know there is nothing I can say that will make things better. What I found was that my friends were the best comfort and distraction. Hang in there. Cliff

tina said...

I didn't even know about these gardens when I came to visit. Sure wish I had. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. I couldn't imagine living in Iowa with all the snow and cold. Your blog makes me feel it all the way here in Tennessee. Not a bad thing as I am nice and warm:)