Monday, May 10, 2010

Riot of Color

Posted by Picasa

Happy Monday One and All!

It is back to work for me :(.

I wish I could say the above photo was taken in my garden but it was taken at a local garden center this past Saturday AM, it was in the high 30s, with 30 miles an hour, I totally froze while I made the rounds of the garden shops but none were busy so I did not have to fight any crowds.  Saturday night we had an unusually late frost, I did not have any annuals out so my garden survived the whole ordeal, the forecast had been for lows in the mid 20s, thankfully the weatherman was wrong and it only got down to 33.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

It really looks like a riot of colors.
Great photograph.
Costas

Morning Glories in Round Rock said...

Lucky you didn't have anything out yet that you had to worry about. Your shot is beautiful--certainly a riot of color.

Jan said...

Glad you are surviving the cold, what a weird weather year. Petunias are always so pretty. Old fashioned flowers retain their attraction through the ages.

The JR said...

What's up with the crazy weather. We're had a cooler day on Saturday here in MS.

beckie said...

I was out too at a school plant sale and an herb and native plant sale. The winds here were as nasty as the temps. Didn't buy much, it was too cold. Then we had a frost Sat. night too. Supposedly it will warm back to narmal temps this week and maybe it will feel more like planting weather.

Your riot of color makes one wish for nicer days. :)

Marlene said...

Petunias are the best for color, I need go go get some, but like you it is still cold here and I just can't get motivated.

Unknown said...

Lovely. I love the way petunias just dance with color. I lost some perennials that should have been able to survive the freeze we had here. 29 degrees...awful.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

You never thought you'd be glad to see 33 degrees in the middle of May, did you? I am so ready for warmer weather!