Saturday, February 17, 2007

Carolina Wren is Back!


After not seeing our southern visitor for 15 days she was back at the feeder today, with the temps in the 20s for the first time in a long time. I wonder where and what she was doing while it was so cold. I would have taken her picture but it is kind of difficult to do on one leg :)

I received a catalog in the mail today of all Japanese Maples, I had a wonderful time looking through it but the company obviously does not know it's gardening zones as Japanese Maples do not survive in zone 4, I wish they did as they are beautiful!

Since I like to share pictures with my posts, I decided to share a collage I made of my summer blooming honeysuckle, Lemonade, I believe is the name of it. The hummingbirds love it!

2 comments:

RUTH said...

We are able to grow Japanese Maples but are not lucky enough to have Hummingbirds......though the Humingbird Moth that visits us in the Sumer could easily be mistaken for one. I am glad the Carolina Wren is back for you. Take care

Sissy said...

So good to hear about the little bird!!
I hope you are well, the foot is healing and spring will be here, soon!!