Monday, September 3, 2007

Heat, Humidity and Mosquitoes


We had a triple headed beast today! Hot and humid again and now we have swarms and swarms of blood thirsty mosquitoes. I am ready for fall!


We went out fishing this AM, which was fun, but were back home by noon or so because it was hot, the phone was ringing when I walked in the door, it was my daughter in law asking to stop by with our grandsons, so I was happy that we came home when we did, what a nice surprise. We did catch some nice crappies.




2 comments:

Ki said...

When we lived in Iowa City fishing for crappies by the dam in spring was a big thing. Though I like fishing I never seem to have time to do it. Apparently pan fried crappie is delicious though with pollution now I don't know if any fresh water fish is safe to eat unless it comes from pristine trout streams.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Spring and fall are both good for crappie fishing, not really sure why, my husband is the fisher person, I just go along for the boat ride :). I do fish but I enjoy watching the birds etc as much or more than the actual fishing.

I would never eat a fish from any of the rivers around here. The lake where we go seems relatively clean and is in town so there isn't chemical run off from fields, as far as I can tell anyway. But with all the farm chemicals used in this state they are probably everywhere, including our bodies.